Thursday, October 31, 2013

art deco highboy with nightstand

Happy Halloween everybody!  I hope you had a fun night with the kiddies either trick-or-treating or handing out candy.  As per our tradition, we sat on our rocking chairs on the porch (with our drinky drinks!) handing out candy.  We got a lot of kids this year and it was fun seeing all the adorable wee ones dressed up ;)

So this set was a fun set to paint!  I tried out my newest ASCP colour 'Napoleonic Blue' and love it!  It's such a rich masculine colour.  The dresser was previously painted brown and I thought it would be the perfect colour to show through the distressing.  I picked up some fairly hefty knobs (hefty in price too!) for these two pieces.  I think they were worth the money as the colour of the pieces required some strong looking knobs. 

Here they are ('before' pictures are at the end of each):








Before:










Before:



*SOLD*

Cheers,

xo Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment